Memorial Day is just around the corner and there are a few things that make this holiday extra special. Firstly, it’s the day to reflect on all our fallen soldiers and those who fought to keep our country safe. Secondly, it’s a three-day weekend which means we get to enjoy ourselves. And thirdly, it’s the unofficial start of summer. So what’s the best way to spend your Memorial day? We’ve got a few suggestions up our sleeves for all you weekendelux’ers:
1) Have a bonfire: what’s more quintessential for Californian’s than having a bonfire while watching the sunset? Dockweiler, Huntington City Beach, Point Mugu State Park, Leo Carillo Beach, Cabrillo Beach are bonfire friendly.
2) Have a pool day: Beaches are fun but sometimes they can be overwhelming, especially during the holidays. Soak up the sun and lounge pool side, with cocktails and beer.
3) Hike Bronson Canyon: Take yourself away from the city and breathe in L.A.’s version of mother nature. The hike is dog friendly and probably something every Angeleno should do at least once.
4) Have a picnic day at Echo Park Lake: Enjoy the stellar views of palm trees framing the DTA skyline, along of course with the wonderful weather.
5) Spend 24-hrs at Disneyland: What’s better than spending all day at the happiest place on earth? It can be enchanting, exciting, romantic, or nostalgic. Besides you have endless restaurants, bars, clubs, so it can appeal to a whole family!